Media is a seductive being, the desire to see your own messages in audio/ visual or print, the expectation for a return on your spend and the building of a positive image.
Media is part creative and part transactional. Media Futures places the emphasis on creativity. Without creativity there is not much except a faceless transaction in most cases. Click a few keys on a computer and it's done. When you work with a creative media planner/ buyer who also looks for the detail then you are entering a new world where leveraging your media return is a priority.
Media detail is an art. Are you looking for media detail?
Consider this check list .
* Takes into account the environment into which your message is placed
* Avoids clutter and resulting lack of attention
* Digs deeper in to audience return prior to the media buy
* Only works with accredited audited mediums
* Applies your KPIs and how they are accountable within the the media buy
* Explains in detail where your messages are placed and the pitfalls associated with each medium
* Stays on top of the exposure patterns and checks on activity when it occurs
These are but a few of the attributes you should be seeking when considering media detail.
If your media policy, media strategy, media planning, media buying and media audit are not working towards improved media detail, it's time to seek out an independent media specialist.
Media Futures presents industry articles in the conquest for improving return on media investment.